TLC Plan Services - TLC/Tax Liaison Consultants
Call us at (608) 833-PLAN [833-7526]
TLC Plan Services is family-owned and operated in Madison, Wisconsin, but with reach throughout the United States. Liaison with legal/tax/insurance professionals in every state.
Interested in learning more?
Interested in learning more?
Improving YOUR bottom line is OUR bottom line.
THOMAS P. LUKER
- Owner and Marketing Manager and Administrator of TLC/Total Life Concepts, TLC Plan Services and TLC/Tax Liaison Consultants.
- 902 N High Point Rd #353, Madison, WI 53717
- Home Office: (608) 833-PLAN - (608) 833-7526
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
PERSONAL and EDUCATION
- Lives in Madison with wife Kaaren [who is also Customer Service Manager for TLC].
- Scattered about are three children, two step-children, nine grandchildren and three step-grandchildren.
- Born Thomas Paul Stinson in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
- Attended elementary schools in Villisca, Iowa and Valley, Nebraska, before being adopted [after both parents had died] and moving to Urbana, Illinois in 1946, changing last name to Luker.
- Graduate of Culver Summer Naval School [Indiana] in 1951 and of Urbana High School [Illinois] in 1953.
- At UHS was President of Junior Class.
- Six Varsity Letters in track and cross country.
- Team state championship in cross country in 1951 [6th place individual, 3rd place team scoring], 2nd place team in 1952.
- Named to UHS Athletic Hall of Fame in 2000.
- Graduate of University of Illinois-Urbana in 1957 with B.S. in Economics [Insurance Major].
- While at the University of Illinois:
President of the Tribe of Illini [varsity letter club].
Charter President of the Association of the U.S. Army.
Six Varsity Letters in Track and Cross Country.
1956 NCAA Cross Country team 4th place.
Sachem Club [sophomore honorary].
100 Outstanding Seniors.
- Earned Chartered Life Underwriter [CLU] in 1962 from The American College [Bryn Mawr, PA].
- 1956 – 1957: College Agent for Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company Champaign, Illinois.
- 1957 – 1958: Active duty in U.S. Army, then U.S. Army Active Reserves until retiring as Captain in 1965.
- 1958 – 1962: Agent, Northwestern Mutual, Champaign, Illinois.
- 1962 – 1964: Home Office of Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, Wisconsin in Agent Training/Educational Department.
- 1965 – 1968: Field Supervisor, Madison, Wisconsin Agency, Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company.
- 1968 – 1995: Organized TLC/Total Life Concepts, specializing in life and disability insurance, annuities and employee counseling and affiliated with Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company and Lincoln National Life Insurance Company.
- 1989 – 1995: Regional Marketing Director with AgriPlan/BizPlan/FlexPlan, a Third Party Administrator [TPA] in the field of Flexible Employee Benefits, Sec. 125 [Cafeteria Plans], Sec. 105 [Medical Expense Reimbursement Plans]. The company is now named TASC, the largest TPA of Sec. 105 plans in the U.S.
- 1995 – Present: The U.S. network of TLC/Total Life Concepts and TLC/Tax Liaison Consultants is expanded, networking with business owners and tax, financial and insurance professionals, providing services and products on a nation-wide basis to small and “micro-sized” businesses. The TLC network assists tax, financial and insurance professionals in the design and implementation of flexible, group and voluntary benefits for employers/employees/associations/individuals and conducts seminars for these groups. TLC markets and administrates tax-advantaged plans using Internal Revenue Code Sections 79/105/106/125/129/132/162/62 through employers, tax/financial/insurance professionals, associations, banks, credit unions and chambers of commerce. A business continuation plan involves family members, independent contractors and TLC’s accountant. The plans are administrated by other TPAs or TLC.
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ASSOCIATIONS
Has been or is a member of or served as:
- Secretary-Treasurer of Madison Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors [formally known as NALU];
- American Society of Chartered Life Underwriters;
- University of Illinois Alumni Association;
- House Corporation Director and Alumni Chapter Advisor of the University of Illinois Sigma Chi Fraternity;
- Cub Master of Winnequah School Cub Scouts;
- Board of Trustees of Greater Wisconsin Multiple Sclerosis Society;
- President and Oratorical Contest Chair of Sunrise Optimist Club;
- Program Chair of Middleton Optimist Club;
- Board of Directors of East Madison-Monona Coalition for Service to the Aging;
- Chair of the Administrative Board, President of the Men’s Club and member of the choir of the First United Methodist Church;
- University of Wisconsin Delta Upsilon Fraternity, President of Parents' Club;
- Program Director of the Wisconsin Home/Small Business Association;
- Volunteer Ombudsman, State of Wisconsin Board on Aging/Long Term Care;
- National Association of Alternative Benefit Consultants [NAABC];
- Charter Year member of Wisconsin Business Alliance;
- Member of AmSpirit Business Connections;
- Member Middleton Chamber of Commerce.