Sure, a domestic employee can be treated just like an EE of any “business,” except that the W-2 issuer is a non-business person, which can have certain expenses connected to any employee's compensation package.
- The nanny would receive a portion of her comp in the form of a tax-free MERP.
- For simplicity, a fixed amount of health insurance premium would be best.
- The same is true of other domestic workers like lawn care, but usually those type services are provided by a 1099 biz.
- The advantage is that the EE receives a portion of a “wage agreement” in a tax-free form and thus saves FICA and income taxes which might be 7.65% to 20%.
- Finally, the family saves FICA and WC taxes, which amount to at least 8% savings.
- We provide the same paper work back-up, of course.
“Improving YOUR Bottom Line is OUR Bottom Line”
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.tlcplan.com!